At Podcast.co, we’ve committed to being a responsible member of the tech community in Manchester, UK, one that is committed to actively developing the region’s talent pipeline and inspiring those future generations to look into digital and tech careers.
That’s why we’ve registered to become a Digital Futures Ambassador, joining the 250 businesses that are committing to bridging the digital skills gap.
What is Digital Futures & Why is it Important? 🤷
Digital Futures is an initiative from Manchester Digital that is aiming to encourage more students to consider a career in digital and tech. It also aims to provide support for schools and colleges around Greater Manchester so that educators can provide a curriculum that is relevant and full of interesting, industry knowledge!
But why is Digital Futures important? Well, because by 2035, Greater Manchester’s digital and creative sector will require an additional 22,000 roles in order to sustain itself!
This figure is a tad overwhelming, especially when you consider that in 2019 we are already experiencing a skills shortage so severe that one-third of our region’s digital businesses have reported turning away work due to a lack of talent. Not so good!
How Podcast.co Are Getting Involved 🎉
Becoming a Digital Futures Ambassador means we can support the programme in a number of different ways, depending on what suits us. We’re pretty excited about it to be honest!
The ways we're getting involved:
- Bringing tech education to life with the help of the community.
- Providing industry work experience placements and internships for students.
- Helping to educate educators and careers advisors on the breadth of roles available.
- Contributing resources that will increase awareness and understanding of the industry.
- Sharing knowledge through presenting talks, masterclasses and inspiring workshops.