Hishem Azzouz is founder of Azzouz Branding and host of The Recruitment Rollercoaster Podcast - which brings to life the successes, failures, and wisdom of some of the world's best recruiters through open and honest conversation.
Hishem launched the podcast two years ago after spotting a gap in the content market. Back then, most recruitment podcasts were bland and uninspiring. So by ditching the industry jargon and talking about the true reality of job, warts and all, Hishem found an audience of other like-minded recruiters eager to learn from the best.
Spurred on by the success of the show, Hishem recently started hosting live Recruitment Rollercoaster events, all of which have sold out. By bringing listeners together in one room and delivering interactive and engaging experiences, Hishem is earning loyal fans that share a direct and personal connection to his podcast.
In this interview, James Deeney speaks with Hishem about how his podcast has evolved, the importance of building a personal brand, and how to organise and host a live podcast event. They discuss:
- 02:25 - Hishems background in agency recruitment
- 04:00 - Using LinkedIn for personal branding rather than selling
- 07:00 - Handling early objections from managers
- 09:00 - Why & how Hishem shifted from blogging to podcasting
- 13:00 - Hishems process for producing new episodes efficiently
- 16:20 - Using Alitu to automate editing and post-production
- 17:20 - Hiring a freelancer to write show notes
- 19:45 - Promoting honesty and transparency in recruitment
- 23:00 - How to start a company podcast
- 30:00 - Gary Vee’s High School Party Rule of Podcasting
- 33:30 - Overcoming common fears around starting a podcast
- 36:00 - Hishem’s self-development journey
- 41:00 - How to handle negative responses online
- 43:00 - How to organise and host a live podcast event
Selected Links From the Episode
High School Party Rule of Podcasting, Gary Vee
Stop Waiting For Life to Happen - TED Talk, Peter Sage
Think & Grow Rich, Napoleon Hill